Coronavirus – Advice for Patients 13/3/2020
- Anyone with a fever (>37.8 or if you feel you have a fever) or anyone with a new continuous cough needs to self isolate for 7 days in case you have Corona virus
- You do not need to call 111 or your GP
- You can self certify your illnes for your employer
- You will not get swabbed unless you are unwell enough to be admitted to hospital
- If you become unwell during this time then you need to contact 111 for advice, not the GP surgery.
- At the moment other household contacts do not need to self isolate
- After 7 days you can return to work (even if cough still present)
- If you have had close contact with a swabbed positive case you should already have been informed to self isolate for 14 days. You can self certify for 7 days and get the other 7 days from NHS 111.
You can find the latest information and advice from Public Health England at www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Advanced Care Practitioner for Home Visits as of November 2019.
Swallownest Health Centre would like to welcome a new Advanced Care Practitioner to our team.
Sarah will now be undertaking the majority of home visit requests, together with our other Advanced Nurse Practitioners Elin and Liz. This will allow GPs to deal more effectively with patients seen at the surgery.
Sarah is an experienced Advanced Care Practitioner who can diagnose, treat, prescribe, refer to hospital and give advice.
Home visits are strictly for housebound patients only. Please be mindful that several patients can be seen at the surgery in the time it takes to do one home visit and daily surgery emergency appointments are available.
If you feel a home visit is required, please call the surgery by 10.30am to allow us to try to assess your condition as promptly as possible.
Our receptionists will ask for a brief reason for the visit and contact details. You will then be contacted by our Nurse Triage team for further clinical information and advice. You may then be called back again by our visiting team if it’s thought that another service may be more appropriate.
If a home visit is then required, this may now be anytime from 8.30am – 6.30pm. If your condition deteriorates in the meantime, please contact the surgery or if an emergency, dial 999.